Heartbeat Church – Concord NSW
Role: Lead Pastor
Location: 3 Stanley St Concord, NSW 2133, Australia
Term: 5 years contract with ongoing option to renew
Start Date: Flexible
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time (1 FTE) Lead Pastor to lead the Sydney campus in Concord, Sydney
Who are we?
Heartbeat Church Sydney is a contemporary, multicultural, English-speaking church based in Sydney, with the vision of attuning and moving the hearts of people towards the heart of the Father. Our Sydney congregation comprises approximately 100 people and we have multiple campuses in Victoria and Queensland. We believe in not just doing church together but doing life together. Heartbeat adopts a “house church” model where small gatherings led by leaders allow for a casual but intimate setting to share life together. We believe in the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:5) and that all Christians have a calling to reach out to the lost (Matthew 28:19) and demonstrate love to a community (John 13:35). More information can be found on https://heartbeat.church/. You can also visit us on our Instagram page
Heartbeat Church is affiliated with Fresh Hope (Church of Christ). More information can be found on https://freshhope.org.au/.
Where are we?
Heartbeat Church Sydney is located at Concord High School on 3 Stanley St, Concord and services are run every Sunday morning at 11am.
Heartbeat Church is seeking a Lead Pastor who:
- is passionate about church ministry, leading people, and pastoring the people of God;
- aligns with the core values and beliefs of Fresh Hope (available on their website);
- is a strong communicator with a strong biblical focus, and has demonstrated experience in teaching and preaching from the Word of God;
- has at least 4 years experience faithfully pastoring people so they may flourish in their walk with God and ministry in the world;
- is formally Trained in Theology and Ministry (a minimum qualification of Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology, from a recognised tertiary institution), or equivalent ministry experience – highly desirable; and
- is an Endorsed/Ordained Minister or on the pathway towards obtaining formal Ministry Accreditation – highly desirable.
As a Lead Pastor for the Sydney campus, you will be working with the Head Pastor (Pastor Joshua Choi), Executive Committee, and house church leaders in pastoring the Sydney campus congregation. The core responsibilities include providing pastoral care for the congregation, ensuring smooth operation of the Sydney campus, and working with the Head Pastor in fulfilling the vision of the church.
To apply, please email your application to Sharon Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- current resume and cover letter;
- 3 referees (who really know and understand your ministry); and
- one or more sermons you have preached in the past year (supply URL link).
The application process will remain open until 21 November 2021. We will respond to all applications once shortlisting is complete. You may be selected for one or more interviews with the Selection Panel and may be asked to deliver a sermon to our congregation. International pastors located overseas are also encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, please direct them to Sharon Kim at email@example.com.