- Accountability: A privacy officer has been appointed to ensure the church’s compliance with applicable privacy legislation; to ensure that the church protects all personal information held or transferred to third-party for processing; develops, implements and maintains on-going personal information policies and practices, as well as trains staff and volunteers for compliance.
- Identifying purposes: The church collects personal information from you for the following reasons*:
- To contact you about the activities and events of the church
- To allow other members and adherents of the church to contact you
We will obtain your consent before using your personal information for any new purpose.
*Exception: Due to current COVID-19 requirements, your details on the COVID-19 attendance record may be given to Department of Health for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Consent: When providing personal information, you are agreeing for Heartbeat Church to keep your information for the purpose provided in item 2. Personal information collected by the church may include (but not limited to):
- Contact number
- Bank details (for reimbursement purposes)
- Limiting collection, use, disclosure, and retention: We will not collect your personal information indiscriminately; and we will not deceive or mislead you about the reasons for collecting your personal information. We keep your personal information as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes described in item 3. We will not destroy or make anonymous your personal information unless requested by you.
- Accuracy and Safeguards: We will endeavour to minimize the possibility of using incorrect information. We will protect your personal information against loss or theft; safeguard the information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification; and we will protect personal information regardless of the format in which it is held.
- Openness and Individual Access: This document is our notification to you about our privacy policies. You may refer to it at any time at https://heartbeat.church. Upon request in permitted situations, you may arrange to confirm and correct your personal information in our records in writing.
- Recourse: In the event of a dispute with an Officer of the church over the handling of your personal information, the Senior Pastor Joshua Choi and/or delegated executive committee member will promptly investigate all complaints received and take appropriate measures.
Last updated on 07/12/2020